If you are going to have some kind of electrical emergency, it’s always at the most inconvenient time, and when it does happen, your first call is to an electrician. You really want to get this right and you want to deal with the best electricians Sydney at Electricians to The Rescue. Sometimes it’s not always possible or practical to ring around for quotes or to wait for people to get back to you. You need electricians Sydney who are available 24-7
You need to make sure your electrician is properly qualified and emergency electricians should be able to provide services including installations, repairs and fittings all within a set time frame. Electricians spend time training to ensure they are qualified and able to provide these types of services to you.
Hiring a qualified electrician saves you a lot of trouble during an emergency – in Australia roughly 100 accidents occur each year that are caused by faults, can be uncovered by a professional’s fault finding in the home. Never take electricity lightly or for granted as the safety of your family and home are at risk. Qualified electricians Sydney follow very strict safety standards all to keep you safe from any electrical hazards.
Unfortunately when you need work done in an emergency it’s understandable you don’t have a lot of money to spend so you need to hire an electrician who offers fair prices. Some electricians charge by the hour while others charge by the work performed, you certainly don’t want to pay a fortune for a minor job. An electrician who provides upfront fixed fees and no hidden charges is preferable to one who keeps putting up his fees.
If you or someone in your family suffers an electrical shock, the damages can be long lasting. While shocks often don’t immediately kill a person, they can cause burns, stop the heart, paralyze breathing or cause muscles to contract. Often a victim of a shock can’t let go of the appliance that has caused the shock. If you see this happening Electrician To The Rescue suggests
- If there is no danger to you, switch off the power at the powerpoints and pull out the plug
- If you can’t turn off the power use something made of rubber, or a dry cloth and try and pull the victim from the appliance
- Protect yourself and anyone else from the possibility of anyone else getting a shock
- Don’t touch the skin of the victim until the power is off
- Ring 000 immediately and get assistance for the victim
- If you are trained, administer first aid or CPR as soon as they are no longer in contact with the electrical current
- NEVER attempt to rescue a person when high voltage electrical equipment is involved leave that to professional electricians in Sydney
If you don’t have a safety switch at your home already, it’s a good idea to call Electrician To The Rescue and have one of their friendly electricians come around to your home. Serious injuries and even deaths that can result from electrical shocks can be avoided if you have a safety switch installed in your home by Electrician To The rescue.
If you do get an electrical shock the electricity will flow through your body to earth, this means it can also travel through your heart which interferes with the impulses that keep your heart beating – which can cause your heart to stop.
So, how can you monitor an electrical current you can’t see? You can’t watch over your family at every electrical appliance in your house. The Sydney electricians from Electrician To The Rescue suggest you install safety switches – they monitor the flow of electricity and will turn the power off in 0.03 of a second if it detects a problem – that’s not only fast enough to save your life it can also help prevent damage to your home.
Electrician To The Rescue also suggest you have the wiring in your home checked. If your home is more than 30 years old we suggest you ring and arrange an inspection from one of our friendly Sydney electricians. They will assess the condition of the wiring in your home, list any defects that need repair and can carry out that repair for you.
Electrician To The Rescue also suggest some fire safety tips, on the off-chance a fire does start due to you not having a safety switch installed by professional Sydney electricians.
While you can use fire extinguishers or fire blankets to put out a small fire – always dial 000 in an emergency
- Never throw water on burning oil
- As soon as it is safe to do so unplug an electrical appliance if it is on fire
- If your clothing catches on fire – Stop, Drop and Roll and keep rolling until the flames are extinguished
- If cooking oil catches on fire put the lid on the pan or smother it with a fire blanket and then turn off the heat – NEVER try carrying the pan outside
- Ensure your garden hose reaches all areas of your home and yard in the event of a fire
- NEVER use water on an electrical fire – you could be electrocuted
You’ve got better things to do than wait around for an electrician to turn up, so you need one with an on time guarantee, you don’t want to wait days to have electricity sorted. Electricians to The rescue go out of their way to arrive on time, every time. So call today: (02) 8729 0771. You can also book a job online here.