If you are looking at having electrical work carried out around your home by electricians in Sydney – to help keep you safe the team at Electrician To The Rescue have put together a few pointers to help keep you, your family and your home safe.
- Never EVER take any risks with electricity – electricity can cause burns and even death
- If you are NOT a qualified electrician you need to call a licensed electrician in Sydney from Electrician To The Rescue to give you an obligation free quote on the work that needs to be done. Never be tempted to do any electrical work yourself, if need be ask friends, family or your neighbours for recommendations.
- When you do ask for quotes ask for any testimonials or references and check them out, its important you only hire qualified and licensed elections in Sydney. Unlicensed, unqualified and unregistered dodgy people claiming to be electricians risk your safety and that of your families.
- Look at the work that may need to be carried out – check all your powerpoints for any damage
- Light fittings are another common area for problems due to the heat that can be generated through them, look for brittle or cracked light fittings
- If any appliances have power cords that are frayed or damaged always have a licensed electrician take a look to make sure they are safe to be used. If not, you can then decide whether it’s worth having them fixed or simply replace the item
- Electrician To The Rescue recommends that once all work is done, if you have small children have all your power points fitted with child lock safety devices to prevent any accidents
- It never hurts to do a first aid course – if there is an accident you will be able to respond quickly
- Ensure your home has a portable fire extinguisher. Remember that water is a conductor of electricity so invest in a good chemical extinguisher
- Teach your children about the dangers of electricity and show them how to stay safe.
Protecting Your Workplace
The Sydney electricians at Electrician To The Rescue know that for anyone working near electrical equipment – from the home office to at work, all staff members can be exposed to electrical dangers – including a mild shock from a faulty powerpoint to a fatal jolt from poorly maintained electrical equipment. Most electrical work place injuries are from faulty wiring – from equipment not being maintained properly to damage to the wiring within the building.
In general any electrical repairs and maintenance is the responsibility of the home or business owner, he or she has to ensure that any and all electrical work – maintenance or repairs are carried out only by licensed and fully trained Sydney electricians. The home business owner needs to ensure all the equipment in use is properly maintained and safe to use.
The electricians in Sydney from Electrician To The Rescue suggest the following ways to ensure any dangerous risks can be prevented.
- Depending on your business or workplace it is important that you/and or your staff know how to operate all machinery properly
- If there is a problem, or you just want to have equipment and wiring checked all work must be carried out by qualified electricians
- Make sure any and all electrical equipment is well maintained – from computers and printers to the office kettle – everything in your home office or work place must be safe for everyone to use.
- If your staff need to deal with electrical issues ensure they are wearing the correct safety gear at all times.
- Don’t overload power points with double adaptors and power boards, if you need more outlets call Electrician To The Rescue.
Any and all electrical equipment should be checked and installed ONLY by licensed electricians, never install extra power points, lights or ceiling fans yourself. You put yourself, your home, staff and business at risk if you carry out any electrical work yourself, it’s dangerous and against the law.