A lot of people ask our friendly Sydney electrician team at Electrician To The Rescue why they should use LED lighting when there are other forms of lighting less expensive. We find the benefits of using LED lighting outweigh the initial costs in the long run.
So – why should you use LED lighting?
- Halogen and incandescent lights are very hot and the heat that they generate is responsible for 80% of the energy they use. LED lights are cool to touch and most of the energy they use is used for lighting. When you used LED you are not wasting money on the heat being generated from the bulb. You’ll also find the heat in the room isn’t rising which saves the costs associated with your air conditioning
- LED lights are long lasting – LED lights can last between 60,000 and 80,000 hours while an incandescent bulb lasts for 1500 hours. LED lights last up to 10 times longer than halogen or fluorescent lights and while the costs are higher you can expect the LED lights to last up to – 6 years if left on for 24 hours a day up to 34 years if used just 4 hours a day.
- LED lights are actually more environmentally friendly than any other kind of lighting. They are 100% recyclable and there are no toxic materials used to make them. Combine that with their energy efficiency and they are the environmentally friendly choice for all home owners.
- LED lights are very compact and can be as small as just 2mm in diameter, because of their size they are a great choice for many stylish lighting designs, and because they are cool they are great for use in small spaces.
- LED lights can be made to emit a range of colours – this means you can mimic natural light, choose white LED lights for reading or a cooler shade to provide ambiance in the room. You can arrange small LED lights to form a spotlight effect or a wider spread.
If you need help with installing or changing over to LED lighting our Sydney electrician team at Electrician To The Rescue are here to help contact us today.