How to reduce your energy costs at home
Sadly electricity bills keep going up so it is worth trying to keep your energy use down. Thankfully there are so many different energy efficient solutions and products available to help and there are a few simple things you can do at home to help reduce your bills. Today Electrician To The Rescue is happy to share some tips to help save you money.
- Switch to LED globes – LED globes have been proven to reduce your energy costs and there are so many benefits to switching from the old outdated halogen globes to LED globes. LED globes need less maintenance, they use less power, create different lighting *shades* so are perfect for different settings and they have a longer *life expectancy*
- Switch the power off at the wall – even in standby mode all big appliances are using energy and costing you money. You can actually save up to 30% on your electricity bill by switching your appliances off at the powerpoints when you’re not using them
- Use power boards – If you have all of your appliances plugged into one power board you can switch them all off when you go to bed with the flick of just one switch. Sydney electricians from Electrician To The Rescue suggest you use power boards that are fitted with a safety switch
- Switch off the lights – when you leave the room, switch off the light – it’s amazing how many people leave the light on when they don’t need to.
- When you are cooking – plan ahead – you would probably be surprised to learn that the oven and the microwave use a lot of energy so try and plan ahead and avoid using them, simply thaw your food out during the day – rather than using the microwave – and put the lids on your saucepans to help the food cook faster. Don’t use your dishwasher unless you have to, wait till its’ full and use it on the economy cycle.
Electrician To The Rescue hope you have found these tips from your local Sydney electricians helpful. Call us on 1800 893 218 today, or click here to book a job online!