Electricity – and Your Safety
If you are looking at having electrical work carried out around your home by electricians in Sydney – to help keep you safe the team at Electrician To The Rescue have put together a few pointers to help keep you, your family and your home safe.
- Never EVER take any risks with electricity – electricity can cause burns and even death
- If you are NOT a qualified electrician you need to call a licensed electrician in Sydney from Electrician To The Rescue to give you an obligation free quote on the work that needs to be done. Never be tempted to do any electrical work yourself, if need be ask friends, family or your neighbours for recommendations.
- When you do ask for quotes ask for any testimonials or references and check them out, its important you only hire qualified and licensed elections in Sydney. Unlicensed, unqualified and unregistered dodgy people claiming to be electricians risk your safety and that of your families.
- Look at the work that may need to be carried out – check all your powerpoints for any damage
- Light fittings are another common area for problems due to the heat that can be generated through them, look for brittle or cracked light fittings
- If any appliances have power cords that are frayed or damaged always have a licensed electrician take a look to make sure they are safe to be used. If not, you can then decide whether it’s worth having them fixed or simply replace the item
- Electrician To The Rescue recommends that once all work is done, if you have small children have all your power points fitted with child lock safety devices to prevent any accidents
- It never hurts to do a first aid course – if there is an accident you will be able to respond quickly
- Ensure your home has a portable fire extinguisher. Remember that water is a conductor of electricity so invest in a good chemical extinguisher
- Teach your children about the dangers of electricity and show them how to stay safe.