An electrical emergency – what do I do? (Part 3)
If you do get an electrical shock the electricity will flow through your body to earth, this means it can also travel through your heart which interferes with the impulses that keep your heart beating – which can cause your heart to stop.
So, how can you monitor an electrical current you can’t see? You can’t watch over your family at every electrical appliance in your house. The Sydney electricians from Electrician To The Rescue suggest you install safety switches – they monitor the flow of electricity and will turn the power off in 0.03 of a second if it detects a problem – that’s not only fast enough to save your life it can also help prevent damage to your home.
Electrician To The Rescue also suggest you have the wiring in your home checked. If your home is more than 30 years old we suggest you ring and arrange an inspection from one of our friendly Sydney electricians. They will assess the condition of the wiring in your home, list any defects that need repair and can carry out that repair for you.
Electrician To The Rescue also suggest some fire safety tips, on the off-chance a fire does start due to you not having a safety switch installed by professional Sydney electricians.
While you can use fire extinguishers or fire blankets to put out a small fire – always dial 000 in an emergency
- Never throw water on burning oil
- As soon as it is safe to do so unplug an electrical appliance if it is on fire
- If your clothing catches on fire – Stop, Drop and Roll and keep rolling until the flames are extinguished
- If cooking oil catches on fire put the lid on the pan or smother it with a fire blanket and then turn off the heat – NEVER try carrying the pan outside
- Ensure your garden hose reaches all areas of your home and yard in the event of a fire
- NEVER use water on an electrical fire – you could be electrocuted
The team of Sydney electricians from Electrician To The Rescue hope you have found our tips handy – we want you to stay safe! Call now: 1800 893 218, or click here to book your job online!