All We Want For Christmas is You… To Be Safe
Electrician To The Rescue tips for Christmas light safety:
- Test your safety switch before putting up Christmas lights.
- Buy lights that have an Australian certificate of approval.
- Use the right lights for the right place, only put lights outside if they are specially designed for outdoor use.
- Ensure lights are connected to an RCD (safety switch) protected socket.
- Visually inspect your lights for signs of damage or loose wiring before putting them up.
- Don’t try to alter or repair broken lights.
- Keep lights away from flammable decorations.
- Keep your children and pets away from lights
- Make sure your smoke alarm is working properly
- Do not use metal ladders, if you will be near any type of potential electrical hazard, make sure your ladder is non-conductive.